Bathrooms are an important part of our lives today; it is where we start and end our day with brushing, showers and a no. of other activities. It won’t be an exaggeration to state that having a neat bathroom with proper accessories and decor can alleviate your day. And this is the reason why you need a bathroom with all the necessary bathroom accessories to make your day better and happier.
So you are moving to your new home, planning to renovate your bathroom, and you don’t have a good idea about bathroom accessories in general. Well, you have come to a suitable space; here we are listing out different types of bathroom accessories, must-have items and things to consider when going for those accessories. A complete guide for beginners.
Different Types of Bathroom Accessories
There are many bathroom accessories with different shapes, sizes, designs and styles made of different materials that you can opt for. And here is a list of them.
- Toothbrush Holders: As the name suggests, it is a crucial bathroom accessory to hold toothbrushes and toothpaste. It is a cup-like holder that you can attach to the wall. It comes in different shapes and sizes that you can choose from. And most important of all, it keeps your toothbrush more hygienically clean and who doesn’t want a clean toothbrush to start their day?
- Toilet Paper Holders: A toilet paper holder is necessary; let me tell you why. First, it is convenient to have a toilet paper holder near your toilet, making reaching for the roll easier. Secondly, it keeps your toilet paper hygienic because no one wants a dirty toilet paper roll touched by many people.
- Towel Accessories: Another critical bathroom accessories are towel and towel holders. A bathroom is incomplete without towels; you need them to dry yourself after brushing or a shower. Towels come in different shapes and size like hand towels, bath towels, face washers etc. You need a different towel holder for each of them, depending on the type of towel you prefer.
- Toilet Brush Holder: The toilet brush is what helps you keep your toilet basin clean and hygienic, a critical bathroom accessory. And a toilet brush holder is a convenient accessory in which you keep your toilet brush. Now, you wouldn’t want your toilet brush lying around with no space in your bathroom. Would you?
- Bathroom Shelves: Bathroom shelves increase storage space in your bathroom, and this is where you can store your shower items like soap, shovel gel, shampoo, towels etc. It comes in different types according to your needs, like glass shelves, towel shelves and many more.
- Bathroom Mirrors: Your bathroom would be incomplete without a bathroom mirror. An essential bathroom accessory aids you while you shave, apply makeup, look at yourself and feel good. A bathroom mirror is not only about aiding you in your everyday chore; it makes your bathroom look better and brighter.
- Robe Hooks: A fantastic accessory to hand a no. of items in one go. Do you think I don’t have a robe, so why do I need it? Well, don’t be misguided by its name; you use it for so much more than just hanging robes. You can use it to hang towels, undergarments, and any type of clothing you plan on wearing.
- Tiles, Walls and Floors: Bathrooms are the most scrutinized rooms in decor and design. But you can change it by applying your choice of tiles to the walls and floors and turning your bathroom into a well-decorated space that you can be proud of.
- Plumbing: Consisting of items like showers, bathroom faucets and pipes. It is an important aspect of your bathroom that can get ignored amidst the confusion. Never compromise on plumbing accessories as it makes or breaks your perfect bathroom. It makes sure to keep your bathroom in a proper working condition while also enhancing the aesthetic.
Things To Consider When Choosing Your Bathroom Accessories
Now that you know the different types of bathroom accessories, you are ready to go forward and buy them, but what are certain things you need to consider when buying them? Here are some things that you need to consider before making a purchase:
- Functionality: The bathroom accessories you think of buying are created for certain functions and to serve a specific purpose. So when you are about to that accessory, don’t just look at its design but, first and foremost, its function. Check if it is functioning well. And don’t just buy bathroom accessories because you want to or you can.
An overcrowded bathroom makes it look small and suffocating, and you don’t want that. Buy it according to your requirements, i.e., if you don’t have a place to keep your towels, toothbrush, or toilet paper roll, go for their respective holders. It will help you keep your bathroom functional with more space for you to do that little bathroom dance.
- Design and Style: Yes, functionality is essential, but that doesn’t mean you have to compromise style for that. Why not have both? There are no.of designs available in the market that you can go through and choose from. The bathroom is the space where you can let your decor ideas shine, so go for a style that appeals to you and make sure to match your bathroom accessories with the style and finish of your tapware and tiles. Approach an expert if necessary.
- Budget: Before buying any bathroom accessory, consider your requirements, make a budget according to that and stick to it. For example, if you want something to keep your toothbrush, go only for a toothbrush holder and don’t spend unnecessarily on other accessories you don’t require.
Bathrooms are incomplete without the accessories mentioned above. But don’t just buy them blindly; read about them, consider their functionality and ensure you get them within your budget. Take a moment to think about the kind of bathroom you need and plan accordingly. Always remember to keep functionality above design when you buy bathroom accessories online.